I am so happy today is Friday…you want to know why? 2 weeks from now we will be packing up to fly out to CABO, Mexico!! I am so stoked and cannot wait to put my feet in the sand and just RELAX! In the mean time it is okay for me to just be pumped that it is Friday and Summer is almost here!
Summer has always been my favorite season. Swimming pool, beaches, summer camps, or sprinklers in the front yard. You name it! Anything with water and I was SOO there! Also there was no school. Phenomenal for me but for parents…probably not so much. As an adult I am the one now who is responsible for making the summertime fun for my kids. I want them to remember picnics at the beach , swimming all day at our neighborhood pool and just getting out and enjoying each others company.
5 FUN Ideas for Summer
- VBS: If you have not looked into Vacation Bible School for your kids you have got to try it! Ayden went to Heartland Christians VBS last year and loved it! He was singing the songs they learned for weeks. Best part… It was FREE! He was busy from 9-12pm for the whole week. Here is a cool thought…book up a few weeks in the summer with different churches (their are plenty in our area offering it) and BOOM! Fun and free for weeks ;)!
- Picnics at the POOL: I don’t know about you but we LOVE the swimming pool. Lather up with some SPF 50 sunblock, grab PB&Js and any other snacks your kiddos love and you are good to go for hours. The plus side for you is the kids will nap so well once you get home, you will have even more time to relax yourself!
- Car Wash: Again anything with water. Ayden loves washing Daddy’s car when he gets home. All we do is grab some of our Norwex rags that only require water and get to cleaning. We love to go chemical free with all our products so that we can involve our little ones. Not only free for us they ALSO think it’s actually FUN!
- Splash PAD: If you have had enough with the pool try your local Splash Pad. My kids love running around for hours in the running water. It’s like when you were a kid and all there was to do is run through your sprinkler 100 times. Man..do our kids have it so made or what? Haha.
- Camp Outback: Roasting marshmallows, cooking out, watching stars together at night. What about this doesn’t sound like fun? Getting outside of your home and spending some much needed time away from distraction with the one’s you love most. I know I need more of this and this upcoming summer is a great place to start!
Learn more about April Sapp Photography! Serving the Frisco TX, Mckinney TX, Denton, TX and Plano TX areas. I am a Portrait Senior Photographer, Family Photographer, Newborn Photographer and Everything in between! Check out more on my instagram page and facebook page! Leave me a message at email@example.com if you would like to be added to my email list for specials, ect.
Here are some much older pictures I just found of my little Ayden helping Daddy wash his car!! Wasn’t he so cute?
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW