May 26, 2020
I remember it so vividly. We were both standing outside my parents’ house on a warm humid Houston evening, mid-spring. We had just finished a fun evening together and now all that was left was the goodbye. Normally a hug would have been enough, but we had been dating for about two months by now so tonight, as we embraced, I felt a little more courageous. I pulled my head back, looked into her eyes and then slowly leaned in. I came about 80% of the way and she leaned in for the other 20%. As our lips met it seemed magical. Then, April opened her mouth a little bit, so I followed, then our teeth met! Whoops!! Haha! It may not have been as romantic as we had imagined it, but it was our first kiss.
Immediately after our moment, I looked back into April’s blue eyes. Overcome with happiness I could not help myself. “I love you” I said. As soon as the words hit her ears she made a face, something that looked at me to say, “ARE YOU CRAZY?!” followed by the words, “do you even know what love is?” She left almost directly after that! LOL
I still laugh hard when I look back at that night! Thankfully the following day we had a lengthy conversation and she explained her reasoning for saying what she did and how she wanted to take things super slow. I explained she didn’t have to say “I love you” back, but I still loved her. A few weeks later she returned the compliment on Easter day. Then a few months later she told me if I asked her to marry her, she would say yes! So much for taking it slow!
I shared this story today because there is so much hype and publicity about fairy tale lives. Everyone wants to live the dream and share their dream with everyone. In that moment, that night, if you would have asked myself or April if we could get a first kiss redo, or an “I love you” takeback. We would have jumped at the opportunity! But looking back now, that is one of our favorite memories! Hans Christian Anderson said, “Everything you look at can be a fairytale and you can get a story from everything you touch”. I hope today you love the fairytale you are living, because tomorrow, the page turns, and a new chapter begins. Remember, your situation may not seem magical now, but memories are magic, and the best ones, never fade.
Check out what my clients have to say about their experience with April Sapp Photography!!!
Click here for my FB reviews!
Click here for my Google reviews!
We would absolutely love to hear from you so feel free to fill out the contact form on our website to get in touch!!
Thank you so much!!
~April and Jason Sapp
Design by Jason Sapp creative. created with Showit.
follow along @april.sapp