April 18, 2023
Working with your spouse can be both challenging and rewarding. Here are five key takeaways we’ve learned from our experience:
1. Growth in Tough Situations: Starting and running a business together can be challenging, but it’s where we’ve grown the most. We’ve learned to lean on each other for support and to be each other’s cheerleaders.
2. Schedule for Success: Owning your own business allows you to create your own schedule. We’ve learned to schedule our day in a way that best fits our strengths and weaknesses, and this has allowed us to work more efficiently together.
3. Conflict is Normal: Conflict is normal, and it’s not about avoiding it, but how we react to it. Communication is key, and we make a conscious effort to have open and honest conversations about any challenges or disagreements that arise.
4. More Time Together: Working with my spouse has allowed us to spend more time together than ever before. We’re able to share in the success of our business and celebrate each other’s achievements. We get to go to breakfast together or have lunch and just enjoy each others company and try not to talk about work ;).
5. The Rewards Outweigh the Challenges: Despite the challenges, working with my spouse has been an incredibly rewarding experience. The rewards of running a business together far outweigh any challenges we’ve faced.
Guys!! I encourage anyone who is considering starting a business with their significant other to go for it. It will be a journey full of ups and downs, but the rewards are truly priceless. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope it provides some inspiration to anyone who may be considering starting a business with their spouse.
Design by Jason Sapp creative. created with Showit.
follow along @april.sapp
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW